Hi, my name is Gomer. I am a Lhasa Apso mix, born February 20, 2019.
*** I cannot be adopted into a home with small children and I must be the only dog. ***
I’m so happy to be in a home now and am currently searching for my forever home. Maybe that’s you! I’ll tell you about myself and what I need so you can see if we could be a good fit.
- I’m very loyal. I don’t want to leave my human’s side. Sometimes I use my voice to tell my humans what I want.
- Because I like to be with my human, I prefer to sleep on the bed. Sometimes I go to the bottom of the bed and sometimes I like to snuggle up closer.
- I need a quiet home environment that has a predictable routine. I can get over stimulated by cars, people I don’t know, and other animals so even though I like to walk on a leash, I can’t go on walks where there is too much to look at.
- I love affection, but please don’t force it on me. I will let you know when I am done. Please listen or I might use my mouth so that you understand.
- I’m trying to learn to nip and bite less but I really don’t like it when my human or another dog tries to take whatever I have in my mouth. So, I should be the only dog.
- I have energy. Because I get overstimulated with walks, I need a secure fence that is taller than 4 feet and that I can’t see through. I have been known to hop over a shorter fence to get to what I see on the other side!
- I know not to potty in the house but I don’t have a way to let my human know I have to go out. If my human takes me out 4 or 5x during the day, I’m good!
- I don’t like to be by myself and because of COVID, I haven’t had to be. My foster family has been able to leave me up to 2 hours by myself. They watch me on a camera and can talk to me if they need to. I settle in a few minutes but really don’t like to be by myself.
- If there is something you don’t want me to put in my mouth, put it somewhere I can’t reach
- I need a human that can be patient with me and that has experience with dogs that have behaviors like reactivity and resource guarding.
- Children scare me so please don’t bring them to visit.
In summary, I am a love! Even though I can’t live with another dog or children right now, I will love my human if they can be patient with me and give me the time I need to trust.
To adopt me, apply at https://www.atailtotell.com/adopt/